Monday, June 5, 2017

First Central Challenge a huge success

Congratulations to the team of parents who were involved in the first ever

Central Challenge

It was a wonderful community event and the school had a buzz in the air as students and families enjoyed a great day.  The race was fun and exciting and the day was made complete by delicious food stalls, white elephant, Mrs Harrison's bottles and a games zone.   

We can't wait for next year and are so grateful to the SCG's hard work to help raise around $10,000 for Nelson Central School.

Some of the children wrote about their experiences.

Cooper wrote: Yesterday I went to the Rogaine and I had a hot chocolate.  It was delicious and there were two coffee machines.  In the Rogaine Dan carried me on his shoulders because I was tired.  Mummy was a slow poke and it was fun!

Claudia wrote: I went to the Rogaine.  There were coconuts.  When you won you got to eat the coconuts.  It was fun!  I did the long race and I saw Sophie there.

Emi wrote:  On Sunday my family went to school with my big brother and Mum and Papa because our school was having a gala.  I saw Tosca.  I went on the bouncy castle.  It was fun!  I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment